March 10, 2014 by pchswildcats
How to Apply: Paper application outside Counseling Office
Deadline: Postmarked by April 1st. Mrs. Parker will mail for you if turned in no later than NOON on April 1st.
Please read carefully.
- PCHS Only—Applicant must be a graduate or prospective graduate of Polk County High School. (Home school students NOT eligible.)
- College—Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll the next semester in an accredited institution of higher education. (Proprietary for-profit schools are not included.)
- Award Amount—Varies from year to year depending on scholarship money available; this will be determined by the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- ACT—Current and recent graduates must have at least a 21 ACT (980 SAT) or overall unweighted 3.0 grade point average.
- GED Graduates—Score of 525 and 21 ACT (980 SAT) are required; if over 21 a GED score of 525 and successful completion of college entrance test are required. Applicant must be a resident of Polk County and previously affiliated with Polk County High. Submit transcript record from last school attended with this application.
- Income—Parental adjusted gross income or independent student’s (and spouse’s) adjusted gross income must be under $45,000 on most recent IRS 1040 filing. (Note: Supporting data submitted by applicant is required but will be shown only to the Scholarship committee and will be kept confidential.)
- Second Degrees—Priority consideration will be given to students who are attempting post-secondary education for the first time and have not yet earned a college degree. Secondary consideration will be given to those wishing to enroll for second degrees or graduate work.
- General—The Scholarship Committee will make awards after evaluating this application, transcript of high school work, and letters of recommendation. Consideration will be given to good character, academic achievement, financial need, and future potential. The Scholarship Committee shall have authority over all questions regarding awards made by the Foundation, including determining eligibility and amount of award.
- Mail application to the Polk County Education Foundation, P. O. Box 752, Benton, Tennessee 37307.
- Deadline—April 1 (Envelope must be post marked April 1 or earlier.) Scholarships will be awarded in early May of each year and are usually announced at the annual PCHS Awards Day.